BAKED VANILLA CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Posted May 28, 2014on:
- In: Uncategorized
- Comments Off on BAKED VANILLA CHEESECAKE RECIPE
This is a nice straightforward, no-nonsense cheesecake recipe.
60g unsalted butter or margarine
220g digestive biscuits, or chocolate chip cookies
1 tbsp demerara sugar
600g Philly cheese
4 eggs, separated
200g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
500ml soured cream or creme fraiche
1. Grease and line a springform baking tin.
2. Melt the butter/marg in a small saucepan over a low heat.
3. Put the biscuits in a bag and bash them with a rolling-pin until they’re crushed. Add the demerara sugar, and mix them with the melted butter, until blended. Spoon and press the crumbs over the base of the in, and put it in the fridge for a few minutes.
4. With an electric whisk, mix together the Philly cheese, egg yolks, 100g of the caster sugar, and the vanilla.
5. Beat the egg whites until they’re stiff, and fold them into the cheesy mixture.
6. Pour over the biscuit base. If you have a fast oven cover with aluminium foil to stop the top burning too much, and bake at 180degsC/Gas 4 for 45 minutes.
7. Take out of oven and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
8. In the meantime, whisk together the soured cream/creme fraiche and the remaining sugar in a bowl. Pour over the cheesecake, and bake for a further 5 minutes at 240degsC/Gas 9.
9. Leave to cool on a wire rack. Then cover with cling film, and put in the fridge to set for several hours.
You can serve it as it is, or decorate with sliced fruit.