CHOCOLATE MARBLE CAKE RECIPE
Posted May 8, 2014on:
- In: Uncategorized
- Comments Off on CHOCOLATE MARBLE CAKE RECIPE
This is one of those very simple cake recipes that can be knocked up reasonably quickly with very basic ingredients. It’s also very light and filling.
. 220g softened butter
. 220g caster sugar
. 4 eggs
. 220 self-raising flour
. 3 tablespoons milk
. 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
. 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Heat oven to 180degC/gas 4. Grease and line a cake tin with baking parchment.
2. Beat together the butter and sugar.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
4. Gently fold in the flour, milk and the vanilla extract, until all is smooth.
5. Divide the mixture evenly between 2 bowls.
6. Stir the cocoa powder into one bowl.
7. And now for the marbling: using 2 spoons, dollop the chocolate and vanilla cake mixture into the tin alternately. Tap the bottom of the tin to ensure there are no air bubbles. Then take a skewer and swirl it around the tin a few times to create a marbled effect.
8. If you have a fast oven like mine, cover the tin with aluminium foil (to stop the top of the cake burning), and then bake for at least 45 minutes, or until the skewer comes out clean when you test it.
9. Cool before removing the cake from the tin.