HALLOWEEN/VALENTINE’S DAY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE
Posted October 31, 2011on:
- In: Uncategorized
- Comments Off on HALLOWEEN/VALENTINE’S DAY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE
I call this Halloween Chocolate Mousse, because for the last few years I’ve always made it on Halloween, but as it’s a very sexy pud, (though it can remind me of Alan Partridge!) I also make it on Valentine’s Day, works just as well. Anyway, here it is:
300g chocolate of your choice (you can make this with half&half milk and plain chocolate, all milk chocolate, or white chocolate (am not that keen on the white chocolate version to be honest, as it can look like toothpaste)*
* the latest batch I’ve just made I did with 200g milk chocolate and 100g dark chilli chocolate. Should blow your socks off.
Cointreau (or white rum or vodka if you prefer)
20g white sugar
250ml whipping cream
1. Break up the chocolate into a bowl, pour over the milk, then put over a saucepan of water and heat gently, stirring the mixture until the chocolate melts completely. Put aside to cool.
2. Separate the eggs. Beat the 4 egg whites until stiff, adding the sugar as you do so.
3. Beat the cream until thick and firm.
4. When the chocolate mixture is cool add TWO eggs yolks (very important that the chocolate is cool, otherwise you could end up with scrambled eggs), then add the alcoholic beverage of your choice.
5. Gently stir the chocolate mixture into the cream. Then (also gently) fold in the beaten egg whites.
6. Pour into a suitable bowl and put in fridge to set and chill. I always use a big glass bowl for this, as I absolutely abhor individual little dishes, they are a prissy invention, and not at all suitable to the erotic splendour of this pud (and don’t get me started on people who use them for cheesecake). (Rant over).
Hope you enjoy.