ORANGE AND CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Posted September 15, 2011on:
- In: Uncategorized
- Comments Off on ORANGE AND CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE RECIPE
First blogged this in October, but here it is, if you fancy something a bit lighter for a Christmas treat:
40g (crushed) digestive biscuits
40g plain or milk chocolate
150g white chocolate
250g Philly or mascarpone soft cheese
142ml double cream
1. The recipe I followed would have had me farting about with muffin tins and muffin cases. There’s no need for all that. Instead I used a quiche/flan dish.
2. Put butter and dark chocolate into a pan and heat gently until it’s melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed biscuits. Spoon into the dish and bash down firmly with the back of a spoon. Put into fridge to chill.
3. Break the white chocolate into a heatproof bowl and rest over a pan of simmering water. Stir gently until melted. Put aside to cool a little.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the soft cheese with grated zest of the orange, and about 1 teaspoon of the juice. In another bowl whip the cream into soft peaks.
5. Mix the white chocolate into the cheese mix, then add the cream. Spoon the mixture evenly over the biscuit base and then chill for 1 1/2 – 2 hours until the cheesecake is firm.
6. Garnish with fruits or grated orange, or a coulis, or whatever you wish.